Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"I'm Not Happy"


I had an appointment today with a middle-aged woman from my congregation. Her husband left her about 7 years ago with two kids to raise. She's doing an exceptional job, but the stress of raising two teens on her own is taking its toll. It's been a while since I've seen her and she's looking much older than her years.

I'm at a loss to explain the phenomenon of men leaving their children to be raised by other men while they go on to raise someone else's children. Like this woman who was in my office - her husband deserted her so that he could marry a divorced woman with two kids of her own. Can you say Stupid... I knew you could.

Okay, this is for the men in my audience only (you women can stop reading now if you'd like): What the hell is wrong with you guys? Grow up and stop thinking with your reproductive organ. You think someone else's ex-wife is better than the one you're making? Think again. You're not only making a mess of your family - you're going to add to your burdens by trying to raise someone else's children. Now your own children will resent you and your step-children will resent you. Yeah, good choice, dipsh**.

"I'm not happy." is the universal rant of middle-aged men. "Wah! I've given of myself and now I have nothing left to give." "My needs aren't being fulfilled."

Get over yourselves! You're not men... you're overgrown children.

Grow up. Your children need you. You made these kids - take the responsibility to raise them. No one said life would make you happy. Your job as husband and father is to make other people happy. And in giving happiness to others you'll find happiness for yourself. Or did your dad forget to tell you that?

ACC

No comments:

Post a Comment