For a change I did not spend the night at home, but was actually invited over to someone's house for a drink and a dip in the pool. For those of you who aren't among the ordained, you can immediately go ho-hum yourselves. For me this is huge!
As I've previously posted, the clergy is as welcome as a cockroach at a formal banquet; we are treated like the idiot cousin at a family reunion - occasionally invited out of courtesy but not spoken to - so having a couple invite me over to their house is like me attending the senior prom with the homecoming queen -- absolutely a memorable evening.
I was moderately lubricated with Jose Cuervo pre-made margarita and several pounds of pita chips and hummus before I floating in the pool for an hour or so.
A great evening provided by a couple who didn't expect me to be anything other than myself. What a pleasant change from perpetually feeling stuck in the Beatles "Eleanor Rigby,"... "Father McKenzie, darning his socks in the night when there's nobody there..."
To remain "anonymous" I can only say, "Thank you, X and X, for allowing me the opportunity to be nothing but me.
With Love,
ACC
No comments:
Post a Comment