Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Riddle Me This...

When did people begin to see the Church as just another provider of services? I got a call from a woman who wanted to talk with me about having her daughter's wedding here. She said, "We'll have the wedding at your church if we can use the fellowship hall for the reception."

What kind of selling point is this? We go through the trouble associated with hosting a wedding for non-member and on top of that we can have a wedding reception here to? Oh sure... what a deal.

When I told her that the fellowship hall was not available for rent she said, "Well I know plenty of Churches that make their hall available."

"Perhaps you should call one of them."
"If they can do it, you can do it, too."
"Ah, thanks for your call, but this isn't open to negotiation."

And she says... wait for it... here it comes...

"Well this is what's wrong with the Church today. No wonder people aren't going anymore."

Yep. That's it. That's what's wrong with Christianity... glad she pointed it out so succinctly.
ACC

No comments:

Post a Comment