
I guess the best place to start is the beginning:
I'm an ordained minister. I'm a married man. I'm a parent. I'm an orphan. (I may be other things to other people - it would be best to ask them).
I'm writing this blog because after nearly 20 years as a member of the clergy I realize that I have had thousands of encounters with people who may or may not be as sane as the rest of us. Some of these encounters have been joy and spirit filled events; many have just been well, weird. It's the weird ones that I will probably spend the most time talking about.
Let's face it; if I was a waiter I'd get this off my chest by talking to other waiters. If I was a used-car salesman I'd talk to the other salesmen. But as a member of the clergy I have no one I can share this with. I can't exactly sit at the bar and tell my stories to the person occupying the stool next to me.
So you, dear reader, are my listening post. Thanks for listening!
ACC
No comments:
Post a Comment