Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You called us, remember?


This morning we had our regular stream of parents picking up their lovely and well-behaved* children from Summer Religious Education. 150 kids equals about 120 moms, dads or grandmothers and they're all standing around mad as Hades in the gathering space waiting for their aforementioned lovely and well-behaved children.

I made it a point to be extra-happy. "Good morning, everyone!" I exclaim in my happiest voice.

"This is ridiculous," says one mom under her breath...
"How's that?" I ask.
"That we have to wait around to pick up our kids like we have nothing better to do."

So I went back to my office and contemplated that for a moment...

Hang on a minute! You asked us to add your children to the program. We didn't call you... you called us. Damn wrong of us to give you what you've asked for. What's wrong with us?

Like the song says, 'God Loves All the Little Children.' But I'm having problems with their parents.

ACC
* read: obnoxious, inconsiderate, narcissistic, spoiled brats

No comments:

Post a Comment